Navigation

Home Comments Loves

I felt so dizzy

Saturday, 15 November, 2008

Friday, 14 Novemeber, 2008, after work, I met up with singying at orchard. We went Central for dinner. Although I was feeling unwell, I still have the energy for shopping.. =D

But everything ended up a dissatisfy shopping weekend!

After ordering my food, just after my food came, I had a combo block! (Nose block and ear block) I could not even breath! I tried to sneeze hard to clear the block, but it did not help. It became worst and I started to feel really dizzy.

I close my eye, trying to calm myself down. *Gosh, it just could not stop spining around in my head even when I'm closing my eyes. The surrounding chit-chattering added to the dizziness. I hope I could shout "help" but instead I feel so helpless.

I wanted to get out of the place, so I tried to stand. I tumble. *grin - Wonder if I really fall, that would be god-damm funny! Big buffalo falls! Boo... Lucky, Singying was there to hold on my hands before I really could fall. Very quickly, I hold on the water-bottle, and started drinking very fast.. then I ate panodol.

It was BAD BAD BAD.. At the moment, I was thinking a super-duper stupid thing, "I hope I'm not dying"! I know it make no-sense

The spining made me unconscious.

I called ht but could not speak properly, so I asked Singying to talk to him instead. Then he came.

Singying and ht held my hand, just in case if I really fall....

Then took a cab.

By the time I reached home, the dizziness slowly fade away and I felt so much better.

Read more about dizziness BELOW

As a disorder, dizziness is classified into three categories--vertigo, syncope, and nonsyncope nonvertigo. Each category has a characteristic set of symptoms, all related to the sense of balance. In general, syncope is defined by a brief loss of consciousness (fainting) or by dimmed vision and feeling uncoordinated, confused, and lightheaded. Many people experience a sensation like syncope when they stand up too fast. Vertigo is the feeling that either the individual or the surroundings are spinning. This sensation is like being on a spinning amusement park ride. Individuals with nonsyncope nonvertigo dizziness feel as though they cannot keep their balance. This feeling may become worse with movement.

The brain coordinates information from the eyes, the inner ear, and the body's senses to maintain balance. If any of these information sources is disrupted, the brain may not be able to compensate.

Vision and the body's senses are the most important systems for maintaining balance, but problems in the inner ear are the most frequent cause of dizziness. The inner ear, also called the vestibular system, contains fluid that helps fine tune the information the brain receives from the eyes and the body. When fluid volume or pressure in one inner ear changes, information about balance is altered. The discrepancy gives conflicting messages to the brain about balance and induces dizziness.

The inner ear is very sensitive to changes in blood flow. Because medical conditions such as high blood pressure or low blood sugar can affect blood flow, these conditions are frequently accompanied by dizziness. Circulation disorders are the most common causes of dizziness. Other causes are head injury, ear infection, allergies, and nervous system disorders.

Vertigo is often associated with inner ear problems called vestibular disorders. A particularly intense vestibular disorder, Méniére's disease, interferes with the volume of fluid in the inner ear. This disease, which affects approximately one in every 1,000 people, causes intermittent vertigo over the course of weeks, months, or years. Méniére's disease is often accompanied by ringing or buzzing in the ear, hearing loss, and a feeling that the ear is blocked. Damage to the nerve that leads from the ear to the brain can also cause vertigo. Such damage can result from head injury or a tumor. An acoustic neuroma, for example, is a benign tumor that wraps around the nerve. Vertigo can also be caused by disorders of the central nervous system and the cirulatory system, such as hardening of the arteries (arteriosclerosis), stroke, or multiple sclerosis.

That is exactly what had happened to me!


PS: I'm not good at words. Hope you guys would be able to understand what I'm trying to convey! Cheers


Friends

Phyo Myat thu
Benson
Vivian
MuiMui
Charleston
Stella
Meng Kiat
Vivian Sis.

Little ChatBox


Powered by Blogger